HMI development is not just a service we offer, it's a PASSION that drives us. We believe that a well designed user interface is an integral component to a Robust Control System.
The industry is littered with poorly designed operator screens that have not evolved with well- known best practices. Many HMIs of a complex system consist of a schematic or P&ID style graphic that is covered in numbers and distracting animations. This overwhelms operators with raw data, but provides limited usable information. We will work with you to give operators informational graphics that allows them to quickly and efficiently access their machine performance. A good HMI package allows an operator to know exactly how their machine is running and provides the tools to quickly recover from an upset condition. Our screens do just that!
Guiding principles for our screens:
- Responsible use of color- it should have significance.
- Give operators information, not just raw data.
- Limited animation used only to highlight abnormal conditions.
- Screens designed to minimize operator keystrokes.
- Logical and consistent navigation structure.
We can't share most of our work, but here are a few simple examples of the type of work we do.
(click to enlarge)